Stephanie Stockar is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering. She is affiliated with the Ohio State Center for Automotive Research (CAR) and the Sustainability Institute.
Dr. Stockar joined The Ohio State University faculty in 2019. Before joining the MAE Department at OSU, she was an Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Penn State University. Prior to that, she was a Research Associate at The Ohio State University Center for Automotive Research (OSU-CAR). She earned her BS and MS in Mechanical Engineering from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH), Zurich in 2007 and 2010, respectively, and obtained her PhD in Mechanical Engineering from The Ohio State University in 2013.
Dr. Stockar is a 2021 NSF CAREER Award recipient, she earned the SAE Ralph Teetor Educational Award (2021), and the Ralph E. Powe Junior Faculty Enhancement Award in Engineering and Applied Science (2020).
Dr. Stockar conducts research is in the areas of modeling and optimization of nonlinear dynamical systems, with focus on automotive applications and energy systems. Her research approach hinges upon the multidisciplinary integration of thermo-fluid sciences with dynamic systems, modeling, optimization and control. Dr. Stockar’s work has been funded by Ford Motor Company, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, the National Science Foundation, the US Department of Energy and ARPA-E.
Articles about Dr. Stockar and her Team
Our research is motivated by the growing worldwide energy demand and we strive to support a sustainable society using a system-level multidisciplinary approach. We combine three main areas of Mechanical Engineering to help minimizing the impact of personal transportation and building systems on the global energy demand and emissions:
- Thermal/Fluid Sciences
- System Dynamics
- Optimization and Control
- Optimal control of partial differential equations
- Optimal control of nonlinear systems
- Distributed and hierarchical control
- Model order reduction
- 2019 - Present. Assistant Professor, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, United States.
- 2016 -2019. Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering, Penn State University, State College, PA, United States,
- 2013 -2016. Research Associate, Center for Automotive Research (CAR), The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, United States.
- 2013 Ph.D., The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, United States
- 2012 M.S., The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, United States
- 2010 M.S., Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (ETH), Zurich, Switzerland.
- 2007 B.S., Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (ETH), Zurich, Switzerland.